Hey guys! Thank you all for your sweet support on my WSLS10 DIY Show!! If you are wanting more info on the Bug Spray, just send me a message on my “Bobbie-jo” FB page 🙂 I am working on something that is rather spectacular for our next DIY together on August 11, 2017 so set your phone notifications because you’re not going to want to miss this one!!! ❤
Ok guys! The votes are in and a winner has been chosen at random- tune into WSLS10 tomorrow (July 7th) at 11am EST to watch Live and find out if YOU won!!! You will also discover what we’re making- and let me tell you, it’s something you are going to NEED ASAP!!! Send me your comments or questions- but I only want the nice ones. 😉 Here are our upcoming classes:
Homemade Soap Making Class: July 22nd at 2pm-4pm at 8115 Williamson Road Roanoke VA
DIY Deodorant & Bath Bombs: July 22nd at 2pm-4pm at 8115 Williamson Road Roanoke VA
Hey guys! So we have to decide what DIY is next on WSLS10!!! The next segment is THIS FRIDAY (July 7th) at 11am EST! Help me decide between my top 3 choices by posting your preference on my FB post! Then WATCH THE SHOW because that is where the winner is going to be announced! Would you rather learn to make:
I will be doing a randomized drawing for EVERYONE who comments – winner receives a DIY gift bag from yours truly! 💜
Apparently I was a hit (or a hoot!) on TV because… The Mason-Dixon DIY Diva was offered a 6-Month Contract with WSLS10!!! WHAAAAT?!? Crazy huh!!! The next show airs on July 7, 2017 at 11am EST (on WSLS10 of course!)
You know, I always thought if I were going to be on TV (because come on, who doesn’t think about that?!), it would be on my own Reality TV Show (dream big, people! hahah) and here I am, doing a true form of a Reality Show- DIY on Live TV. Did you all know that it is LIVE? That means if I make a bad joke (or a Freudian Slip- where are my psych people at?!), there’s NO getting it back! LOL! Thanks for loving me, thanks for watching and thanks for all your sweet encouragement! YOU ARE THE REASON I do what I do!! ❤ Bobbie-jo Read More
Hey guys! So if you watched the show on WSLS10, I *TOTALLY *went all sudsy on TV!! 🙂 It was SO MUCH FUN and everyone at the station were wonderful and friendly! And guess what??? THEY ASKED ME BACK!! Y’all want to see another DIY?!?! Post below what natural product you would like to see “re-born” with NATURAL ingredients that are GOOD for you and your family!!! And, tell me WHY you want a NATURAL version of this product! If your idea gets chosen, I WILL MENTION YOUR NAME ON TV- WOO- INSTANT STAR STATUS!! 😉 🙂
Wow!!! So here it is, the morning of my big *debut* and I haven’t slept yet!!! I think I’m excited?! But I maaaaaay just be a teensy, tiny bit *FREAKED OUT!* hahah 🙂
Thank you WSLS10 and specifically Leslie for inviting me on the show- it wasn’t an avenue I had considered previously for my DIY classes, but how awesome is this?!?! I consider it a GIFT straight from GOD to have been offered this super fun opportunity- and not just the opportunity to show a DIY class on TV- but the opportunity I have already had and will continue to have- meeting all of you!!!!
There are SOOOO many of us that are tired of the junk in our products and have decided that enough is enough. Personally, I would rather pay now with some invested time into seeking out, making and using TRULY NATURAL PRODUCTS as opposed to paying for it later with what could potentially be my health. Nope. That’s not something I am willing to gamble on for me and my family. Are you?
My NEXT CLASS is July 22, 2017 from 2pm-4pm at St. Phillip’s Lutheran Church in Roanoke, VA. This is going to be your opportunity to MAKE YOUR OWN SOAP!! The workshop is free to attend and all are welcome! If you would like to make a soap to take home, it is $5.00 each.
Please RSVP on my FB Page called “Bobbie-jo” under Pages and then under Events. *If that is too much thinking (I’ve been there before- too busy- no time!) just slip me an email at email@example.com!) before July 19th so I can guarantee that you will have your supplies ready!!! 🙂
Can I just tell you that I am already so excited to meet you?! 🙂 I taught my very first class over 20 years ago and have been teaching DIY classes for over 1.5 years. Each time we all have so much fun! I have met some of my closest friends through these DIY classes and am SO GLAD I decided to do these!!!
Ok, So I will see you in a few weeks! Until then, send me a message, say hi, and get connected with my FB page and by subscribing to my blog! I am always sharing awesome DIY tips, recipes and of course- CLASSES!!! 🙂
Summer. Is…. Awesome….and… HOT….
– What adjective would you put in there to describe summer? I used to say I was made for summer. But as I am growing older, I am becoming a little more sensitive to the heat. (Now I’m just made for the beach 😉 ) In fact, this past Saturday I had a wedding outside and I burned like a marshmellow that got held over the flame waaaaay too long. Crispy and unappealing. Then to top it off, I got sun poisoning, which was fairly miserable. Suffice it to say that I will not disregard sunscreen so flippantly again. (I hope!)
So how can we use natural alternatives to keep our cool during summer? Let me count the ways ….
1. Peppermint essential oil. Call this your heat 911, because as the temperature rises, you will want this ESSENTIAL in your pocket- whether you’re hiking the trails or sitting on your front porch with a glass of iced tea. Peppermint is very helpful for helping you cool off. So take this oil and put it on the back of your neck and wrists. Ahh cooling. Oh and what’s that? Did you just deter spiders and bugs? You sure did my friend.
2. Speaking of bugs… can I just say that the CDC just took a bow in our direction? That’s right- an article has recently come out reporting that real essential oils are more effective that the chemical-laden sprays like DEET. So take a twirl on the stage, lovers of all things natural, because people are starting to figure it out…. hold their hands and continue to lovingly guide them to the wellness side, ok? And while you’re at it, add some Citronella and Lemongrass to your diffuser, put it on the front porch and enjoy an all-natural critter repellant as you chat with them about the health benefits of nature’s apothecary 😉
3. Aloe. Finding a good aloe is no easy task. Take it from a girl who has been looking. From Amazon to Health CO-OP’s the aloes are filled with PERSERVATIVES. Whaaaat?? We don’t want those in our food OR absorbed in our skin- thanks but not thanks. So what can we do? Best case scenario- the Aloe Plant- super easy to upkeep, affordable and user-friendly. Need some for skin-soothing? Break off a piece, open it, rub it on your skin and then top it off with some Lavender oil to seal the deal. Itch be gone!
4. WATER. Yes, I know what you’re thinking: “Duh Bobbie-jo, of course we need water.” Ok yeah, I know you know. But humor me for a moment because here’s what I’ve been noticing- as it gets hotter, we all tend to go indoors and put on the fans and AC, which is great, except I don’t think we realize how thirsty our bodies are because on the outside we feel nice and cool. Drink your water anyway. And let’s step it up a notch. Did you know that there are essential oils that are FDA approved to put in your water, etc. for wellness? So you could literally keep a bottle of Lemon Vitality essential oil or Lime, Orange, Spearmint, etc and put a drop in your drink. Not only are you refreshing, detoxing your body and reducing cravings but you’re also adding tasty flavor without any calories, sugars or fake sugars! I call that a wellness win (and so does your swimsuit!)
5. And one more thing? Remember how I didn’t put on sunscreen and ended up on my sick bed? Yeah, don’t do that. Use sunscreen. But be smart about it- most sunscreens are actually filled with junk that is really bad for your skin. I encourage you to download the free app from the EWC called “Think Dirty”. You can scan products at home and at the store before you purchase and see if they are safe. (Side note: Can you believe that stores sell things that aren’t safe? We understand that things like Alcohol and Cigarettes aren’t good for us, and most of us will nod in the direction of “you should avoid high fructose corn syrup” but have you considered that your laundry detergent and sunscreen can actually be harming your health too? Get scanning, guys….)
If you want to learn more about natural summer alternatives AND be provided the recipes to make your summer smooth as silk, JOIN ME THIS WEEK ON MAY 28th at 7pm EST ON MY FB PAGE “BOBBIE-JO” WHERE I WILL BE DOING A LIVE STREAM FOR ANYONE, ANYWHERE to learn and receive recipes for wellness- all while in your jammies if you want.
And if you are local to the Roanoke, VA area, get in touch with me- we are getting together for me to teach you all how to make your own organic sunscreens and other summer survival goodies on June 3rd.
As always, keeping it real and really natural,